Southampton Boat Show 2016
Chris Hogan, 1st August 2016, Boat
share this article
Southampton Boat Show, running from 16th to 25th September is undeniably the biggest in the UK. What's in store for this year?
Image courtesy of the Southampton Boat Show
There's a vast array of attractions for all the family, many of them at no extra charge over the ticket prices.
As well as hundreds of boats and yachts on display, the ninety year old tall ship "Artemis" will be there and the Royal Navy parachute display team will perform at 2pm on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th.
Dave Selby, a writer for Practical Boat Owner magazine and charity campaigner, is sailing around the coast to the show and will be giving talks on boating to encourage new people onto the water. There'll also be daily fashion shows, live music and food and drink at the Festival Stage, including an attempt on a Guinness World Record!
Here are just a few of the other attractions:
- Honda RYA Youth RIB Challenge - national final of this competition on Sunday 25th.
- Ocean Hall - all the latest boating products: accessories, gadgets, gizmos and bargains
- Kids Corner - plenty of things to keep younger children happy
- Bumper Boats - brand new, for kids aged 3 to 13, a water version of the funfair classic Bumper Cars!
- The Marina Powered by KUBE - hundreds of boats and yachts to visit and the main location for on the water fun.
- Get Afloat - free dinghy sailing and stand up paddleboarding sessions for 8-16 year olds
- Wetwheels - free rides for disabled people and wheelchair users
- Try a Boat - free trips - first come first served
- The Wooden Boatbuilders Trade Association - demos, talks and displays of different types of wooden boat
- Epoxy Techniques - daily demos by West System International's technical team of DIY repair techniques you can use
There are full details of all attractions on the Show website.
The show is based in Mayflower Park and the Town Quay in Southampton. The organisers are keen for visitors to use public transport as far as possible to ease congestion - all travel details are on the show website.
It's bound to be a great event and if you do go, do please drop us an email afterwards to let us know what you thought - we'd love to hear from you.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not signed up to our monthly newsletters and would like to keep up to date with a variety of products? Select from below which products you would like to receive.
No Product! Please select a product